Business Re-Entry Permits
Questions & Answers
- Does Currituck County issue re-entry permits for businesses?
Yes, permits are issued by Currituck County Emergency Management.
- Where do I get a re-entry permit?
Currituck has transitioned to online re-entry permits for businesses. All re-entry permits can now be obtained at arcg.is/0nCq49. The application is both desktop and mobile-friendly.
Re-entry permits from previous years will NOT be accepted.
We strongly encourage you to get your permits prior to hurricane season. If there is an impending event, we cannot guarantee timely delivery of permits.
- What is the process for getting re-entry permits?
Visit our online application at arcg.is/0nCq49 to apply for a business re-entry permit.
The business owner or manager is required to fill out the permit application.
Once your application is submitted and has been approved by Currituck County, the permit(s) will be delivered to the email submitted with the application from the Emergency Management staff.
- How often do permits need to be applied for?
Permits will expire on April 30 of each year.
Businesses will need to apply for new permits, annually, in the month of April, before Hurricane Season officially begins on June 1.
- Who should obtain a business re-entry permit?
If your business is physically located in Corolla or your business is transient in Corolla or Carova Beach, you WILL need to obtain re-entry permits for your employees.
- Does the name on a driver’s license have to match the name submitted for each employee on the permit application?
- How long are re-entry permits valid for?
Permits expire annually on April 30.
If the permit is damaged or lost, print a copy of the permit that was initially sent to you for the employee(s).
- Should employees receive a hard copy or e-copy of their permit?
Either option will be accepted.
- What if I have new employees that need re-entry permits?
You do have the ability to edit your initial application submission to add new employees.
Go to: Permit Application and include your assigned Global ID after the “=” on the browser’s address bar.
- In your list, please highlight all new/additional employees in YELLOW.
- If you have misplaced your Global ID, please email [email protected]
Your Global ID will be sent to you with your initial approved permit(s).
- How does the re-entry process work post-evacuation?
A staged re-entry process is used to facilitate a safe and orderly return allowing the recovery process to beginPriority I
Essential Personnel Includes:
- utilities personnel
- government personnel
- disaster relief agencies
- designated hotel staff
- and damage assessment personnel
Critical Businesses Includes:
- food service
- grocery stores
- supply chain & building supply distributors
- gas stations
- insurance assessment teams
- property management
- debris removal
- What could cause re-entry delays?
Possible reasons for delays could be:
- Infrastructure Outages
- Flooded Roads
- Damaged Structures
- Limited Communications
- Debris Blocking Roads