2023 Health & Wellness Sign Up!
Do you have questions about the County’s Wellness & Benefit programs? Why not attend Currituck County’s Annual Health and Wellness Day to get answers directly from Human Resources personnel, Melissa Futrell or Alisa Hugdahl. Other vendors that will be present are:
- Employment Assistance Program (EAP)
- Healthy Snack by Shelia Gregory, Currituck Cooperative Extension
- Walking Pad
- Weights for Arm Exercise
- Recumbent Bike
- Relaxation Room (NEW)
- The Outer Banks Hospital
This year’s event will be held on Friday, May 5, 2022 from 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. in the Public Safety Building in Barco – rain or shine. Courtesy of Ike McRee, County Manager, all employees are given an extended lunch period of 1.5 hours to attend this event.
Since Health and Wellness Day falls on Cinco De Mayo this year we will be serving Tuesday Taco Bar – have fun building your own taco for lunch.
Make sure to receive a ticket from each of the screenings and physical activity vendors you visit to enter into several great door prizes. Stop by one of these vendors to get your tickets (one from each vendor) :
- A1C ( blood sugar) test courtesy of The Outer Banks Hospital
- Walk a Mile on our course
- Self Defense courtesy of Currituck County Sheriff’s Office
- Blood Pressure Check courtesy of Currituck County Emergency Medical Services
- Body Mass Index (BMI) test courtesy of The Outer Banks Hospital
Each exercise station will take 3 to 5 minutes to complete.
Don’t forget your comfortable clothing and shoes. We look forward to seeing you.
For questions send an email to Human Resources.
Everyone that attends Health & Fitness Day will receive this cute Currituck County Cooler Bag.