Please consider supporting the 2023 Operation Santa Claus program, administered by the Currituck County Department of Social Services (DSS). This annual program helps provide Christmas gifts to families with children residing in Currituck County and to the county’s children in foster care. Operation Santa also provides food baskets for local senior citizens. Each donation is tax deductible and all proceeds benefit citizens of Currituck County.
*Families in Currituck County may apply for Operation Santa holiday assistance from October 16 – November 22, 2023. Applications are available at the DSS office, which is located at 2793 Caratoke Highway, Currituck, North Carolina 27929.
For those wishing to make a donation, there are four ways to participate in Operation Santa:
(1) Sponsor a family with children – Purchase new, unwrapped gifts for the children.
(2) Donate money or gift cards – These will be used by DSS staff to purchase Christmas gifts for children. Donations can be made as follows:
- Scan the QR code with a smartphone and make a monetary donation online.
- Deliver a donation in person at the DSS office during regular business hours of Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
- Send a donation by mail to 153 Courthouse Rd, Suite 400, Currituck, NC, 27929. Make checks payable to “County of Currituck”.
(3) Referral organizations – Independent organizations may receive referrals from DSS to help children in need. Please contact Fay Lindsey at 252-232-3083 or email to email@example.com.
(4) Food Basket Program for Adults – Donate food, money, or gift cards to the Food Basket program which serves disabled and elderly adults in need of extra support. We also accept monetary donations to purchase Christmas gifts for disabled adults experiencing guardianship. Monetary donations for this program can only be made in person or by mail. To help an adult, please contact Lori Langley 252-232-6039 or email Lori.Langley@currituckcountync.gov.
Anyone with questions regarding the 2023 Operation Santa Claus may contact the Currituck County Department of Social Services at 252-232-3083.