Date(s) - 04/22/2023
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Household Hazardous Wastes & Shred Event
Saturday, April 22, 2023 – Rain or Shine
Currituck County Public Works is again holding its traditional Household Hazardous Waste Collection event to include other activities.
North Carolina Cooperative Extension
120 Community Way
Barco, North Carolina 27917
10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
At Cooperative Extension
- Free Document Shredding | 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
75 pounds or 3 box maximum
- Environmental Demonstration & Giveaways inside Cooperative Extension
- Food Trucks
- Flower and Garden Show | 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Sheriff’s Office Medicine Take
- Animal Shelter Rabies Clinic | 8:00 – 10:00 a.m.
Southern Outer Banks Water Plant
734 Ocean Trail
Corolla, North Carolina 27929
10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. (noon)
At the Water Plant
- Cooperative Extension Informational Packets.
—- All participants may enter a raffle to win a backyard compost bin! —-
Acceptable Household Hazardous Waste Items:
- Antifreeze (and other automotive fluids)
- Household Batteries
- Fire Extinguishers
- Propane Tanks (camp and grill)
- Alkaline and Acidic Cleaners
- Pool Chemicals
- Oil Based Paints
- Paint thinners and solvents
- Wood filler
- Mercury (including thermometers, thermostats and debris)
- Florescent light tubes
Unacceptable Waste Items:
- Latex paint
- Commercial waste (including commercial hazardous waste)
- Explosives including Ammunition
- Radioactive materials
- Smoke Detectors
- Prescription Drugs
- Asbestos materials
- Large quantities of unknown materials
- Biohazardous Waste, Infectious Waste
- Needles / Syringes
*Ecoflo, Inc. reserves the right to refuse any waste deemed unsafe to handle or unsuitable for the collection.
- Currituck County Board of Commissioners
- Local Government Federal Credit Union
- Bay Disposal and Recycling
- North Carolina Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services (NCDA&CS)
- Currituck County Center of North Carolina Cooperative Extension
- with Ecoflo, Inc. providing certified household hazardous waste collection
For additional information please call Currituck County Public Works at 252-232-2504.