Currituck County Access Permit
Effective January 1, 2023, county residents must have a Currituck County Access Permit to:
- Utilize all solid waste and recycling convenience centers.
- Park on the 4 Wheel Drive beach north of Corolla; and
- Based on permit color, re-enter designated areas following an emergency evacuation.
The permits are non-adhesive and can be transferred from one vehicle to another. Place the Permit on the vehicle’s windshield on the driver’s side lower corner.
Permits are valid for 2023-2024.
Each property owner receives a total of 2 permits, regardless of the number of individual properties owned. No exceptions will be granted.
- Mainland property owners receive 2 blue permits.
- Outer Banks property owners receive 2 red permits.
- Those who own property on the mainland and Outer Banks receive 2 red permits only.
- Citizens who rent homes on a long-term basis may receive 2 Access Permits by submitting an application. Proof of lease is required.
- Property owners may submit a request for a replacement permit.
- A fee of $75 will be charged for the replacement of a lost permit.
- No more than 2 permit replacements in the 2-year period will be issued.
- Damaged permits may be returned to the County Manager’s office and replaced without a fee.
Permits are valid for 2 years beginning January 1, 2023 until December 31, 2024 and replace the Solid Waste Permit..
NOTE: This form will only work with the following browsers: Edge & Chrome.
THIS APPLICATION IS NOT FOR BEACH PARKING PERMITS
Go to currituckcountync.ticketspice.com/currituckbeachparking to get a Beach Parking Permit.