Senior Events & Trips
Events & Classes
Currituck Senior Center
Annual Sock Hop
Friday August 26, 2022 | 11:30 a.m.
Get ready now for our Annual Sock Hop. Press those poodle skirts and shine those penny loafers.
Join the staff at the Senior Center in Barco for good food, 50’s prices and great music by DJ Kenny! Best 50’s Attire wins a prize! Don’t forget to bring money for food and to tip our DJ!
There will be Hot Dogs, Hamburgers, BBQ, Grilled Cheese, Fries, Milkshakes and more that you can choose from!
Call 252-232-3505 to register for the Sock Hop by Wednesday, August 24, 2022.
Powell’s Point Senior Center
Heatstroke Awareness Presentation
Monday, August 22, 2022 | 11:00 a.m.
Amy Underhill will begin at 11:00 a.m.! Learn the signs and symptoms of a Heatstroke that can happen during the hot summer months!
A box lunch will be provided for those that call 252-491-8173 to register by Friday, August 19, 2022!
Knotts Island Senior Center
Lunch Trip to Margie & Rays
Friday, August 26, 2022 | 10:30 a.m.
Margie & Rays is Sandridge’s iconic seafood restaurant. We will leave Senior Center at 10:30 a.m. After lunch we’ll catch a different type of ray while dipping our toes in the ocean.
To sign up for this trip call the center at 252-429-3231.
Save The Date
None at this time, please check back.
Trip to Nashville & Pigeon Forge
Sunday, October 9 – Thursday, October 13, 2022
A 5 day/4 night trip to Nashville & Pigeon Forge, Tennessee!
- 4 nights hotel accommodations,
- 4 breakfast at your hotel,
- 2 evening receptions at your hotel with hot Food & beverages
- plus 3 wonderful dinners including a Dinner show at the Nashville Nightlife Theatre & A Dinner and show in Pigeon Forge!
- Enjoy a Guided Tour of “Music City” with highlights to include, Music Square, the Parthenon, Bicentennial Park, Veteran Memorials & More!
- Enjoy a evening at the Grand Ole Opry
- explore the opry land resort with a Delta River Flatboat ride!
Cost is $799.00 per person, double occupancy. $1019.00, single. (Travel Protection can be purchased for an additional $92.00 per person double occupancy, $119.00 for single.)
A $100.00 deposit per person is due by Friday, June 24, 2022! All checks must be made payable to PML Travel & Tours.