Senior Events & Trips
Events & Classes
Currituck Senior Center
Lunch & Learn “Black Cloud Rising” – Museum of the Albemarle
Wednesday, March 1, 2023 | 10:30 a.m.
English Professor David Wright will discuss his book that focuses on Richard Etheridge’s time as a solider in the African Brigade. Lunch will follow at IHOP
Call 252-232-3505 to register.
Presentation on “Microgreens” – By: Chris & Shelia from the Cooperative Extension
Wednesday, March 8, 2023 | 12:30 p.m.
Microgreens are nutrient-dense tiny greens that can be grown in a short time and limited space.
Deadline to register: Friday, March 3, 2023! Call 252-232-3505 to register.
Powell’s Point Senior Center
Trip to Traders Joe’s & Cracker Barrel
Monday, March 6, 2023 | 10:30 a.m.
Cost: money for shopping & lunch
Call 252-491-8173 to register by Friday, March 3, 2023.
Knotts Island Senior Center
Lunch Trip & Shopping
Tuesday, March 7, 2023 | 10:30 a.m.
Shopping trip to Virginia Beach Antiques and lunch at Chilis.
Cost: money for shopping & lunch.
Dead line to register is Friday, March 3, 2023. Call: 252-429-3231 to register.
Presentation “Heart Health” – with Amy Underhill
Thursday, March 24, 2023 | 12:00 p.m.
Free Box lunch provided.
Deadline to register is Tuesday, March 21, 2023! Call: 252-429-3231 to register.
Save The Date
None at this time, please check back.
3 Day/2-Night Savannah, Georgia & The Golden Isles Trip
Monday, May 8 – Wednesday, May 10, 2023
- 2 nights hotel accommodations,
- 2 breakfasts at your hotel
- and 2 dinners of which one will be at “The Pirates House!”
- A guided tour of Historic Savannah – During your tour, experience over 270 years of rich history from before the Civil War to today. See Savannahs beautiful historic district, including:
- historic squares,
- magnificent fountains,
- and gorgeous Southern-style homes.
- A performance at the Historic Savannah Theater!
- Guided Tram tour of Historic Jekyll Island – for 5 gilded decades, American leaders visited the Island “to secure and escape” from the demands of their everyday lives and pursue “a life of elegant leisure” on this 240-acre National Landmark District.
- Tour of St. Simon Island – including:
- a stop at the St. Simon lighthouse,
- browsing through the Island Village and shops.
- A visit to the famous River Street – walk along a cobblestone road that runs beside the Savannah river while enjoying wonderful restaurants and boutique shops!
Cost: $489 per person/double occupancy. $51 per person/double occupancy Optional Travel insurance.
$100 deposit is due by Monday, January 15, 2023.
Please contact the Currituck Senior Center at 252-232-3505 to register.