Tourism Business Event Grant
Due by Saturday, April 15, 2023
The Department of Travel and Tourism offers a business event grant program to help local community groups, non-profit organizations, and tourism-related businesses draw visitors to our county. The grant focuses on assisting non-profit organizations and for-profit businesses to produce quality events.
Grants awarded to individual events will not exceed $20,000. Individual organizations and businesses can receive more than one grant per fiscal year, but the totals for the grants cannot exceed $20,000.
Applications are due by Saturday, April 15, 2023.
- Applicant must be in Currituck County or partnering with a Currituck County applicant.
- Applicant must meet with Tourism Director.
- Events must be in Currituck County and open to the public.
- Additional consideration will be given to shoulder and off season events.
- Majority of attendees must be from outside Currituck County.
- Applications accepted by April 15, 2023 for events beginning held between July 1, 2023 to June 30, 2024.
- The Tourism Advisory Board will evaluate and recommend funding awards to the Tourism Development Authority.
- Application must receive the majority vote of the Tourism Development Authority for final approval.
For more information about the program and to get an application, contact the Travel and Tourism Department at 252-435-2947 or VisitCurrituck.com.