The Department of Travel and Tourism offers a business event grant program to help local community groups, non-profit organizations, and tourism-related businesses draw visitors to our county. This focuses on assisting non-profit organizations and for-profit businesses to produce quality events.
Grants awarded to individual events will not exceed $20,000. Individual organizations and businesses can receive more than one grant per fiscal year, but the totals for the grants cannot exceed $20,000.
Applications are due by April 15. Criteria include:
- Applicant must be in Currituck County or partnering with a Currituck County applicant.
- Applicant must meet with Tourism Director.
- Additional consideration will be given to shoulder and off season events.
- Majority of attendees must be from outside Currituck County.
- Applications accepted March 1 to April 15 for events beginning on or after July 1.
- The Tourism Advisory Board will evaluate and recommend funding awards to the TDA.
- Application must receive the majority vote of the TDA for final approval.
For more information, contact the Travel and Tourism Department at 252-435-2947.