Take a tour of historic properties
The Historic Preservation Commission of Currituck County will host a tour of historic properties in the Shawboro/Currituck area on Saturday, October 15. The public is invited to participate in this free tour.
A tour brochure and map of properties will be provided to participants. The tour begins at the Masonic Hall Lodge No. 53, located at 498 S. Indiantown Road. The Masonic Lodge will offer lunch to tour participants for a donation.
Properties along the route will be open for tours from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Participants may visit the properties in any order during this timeframe. Some properties will also accept visitors inside the buildings.
An updated list of properties on the tour includes the following:
- Hall Lodge #53, 498 S. Indiantown Rd.
- Macknight Outbuildings, 456 S. Indiantown Rd.
- Culong House, 315 S. Indiantown Rd.
- Gideon C. Boswood, 198 N. Gregory Rd.
- JP Morgan House, 897 Shawboro Rd.
- Powell/Cowell Kitchen, 153 Cowell Rd.
- Buckskin Farms, 2310 Caratoke Hwy.
- Johnson-Hall Store, 160 Courthouse Rd.
If you have any questions, contact Jennie Turner, Currituck County Senior Planner, at 252-232-6031.