The 2022 Operation Santa Claus program relies on donations to provide Christmas gifts to families with children residing in Currituck County and to the county’s foster children. Operation Santa also provides food baskets for local senior citizens. This program is administered by the Department of Social Services (DSS) and all proceeds benefit citizens of Currituck County.
Applying for Christmas Assistance:
Participants must be a Currituck County resident to apply for Christmas assistance from the Operation Santa program. DSS will accept applications from October 10 until November 10. The application must be completed at the DSS office, which is open Monday – Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Making a Donation:
The public can support Operation Santa by making a tax deductible donation in the following ways:
(1) Sponsor a family with children by purchasing new, unwrapped gifts for the children.
(2) Donate money or gift cards to be used by the Department of Social Services to purchase Christmas gifts for children. Donations can be made as follows:
- Scan the QR code on your smartphone to make an online transaction.
- In person at the DSS office during business hours of Monday-Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- By mail to 153 Courthouse Rd., Suite 400, Currituck, NC 27929. Make checks payable to “County of Currituck”.
(3) Referral organization: If you are an independent organization, you can receive referrals from DSS to help children in need through your own program. Please contact Fay Lindsay at 252-232-3083 or Operation.Santa@currituckcountync.gov.
(4) Food Basket Program for Adults: Donate food, money, or gift cards that will benefit disabled and elderly adults in need of extra support. DSS also accepts monetary donations to purchase Christmas gifts for disabled adults experiencing guardianship. Monetary donations for this program can only be made in person or by mail. Please contact Lori Langley at 252-232-6049 or email@example.com.
If you have any questions, please contact the Department of Social Services in Currituck County at 252-232-3083.