Info meeting for prospective foster & adoptive parents
The Currituck County Department of Social Services will host a virtual informational meeting on June 6 for anyone interested in becoming a foster or adoptive parent. This online meeting will begin at 6:00 pm. Attending the meeting does not obligate you to foster or adopt a child. It is intended to provide information and answer any questions you might have.
To receive the meeting invitation link, please RSVP to Tiffany Sutton at email@example.com or 252-232-3083. After you RSVP, the meeting link will be sent to you.
All foster and adoptive parents receive significant support from the Department of Social Services through continued training and education. A Social Services worker is assigned to each foster and adoptive case and parents will have access to after-hours emergency support. Parents can also gain membership in the Foster/Adoptive Parent’s Association to receive more resources and support.
Requirements for foster and adoptive parents include the following:
- Be at least 21 years old
- Be able to provide adequate bedroom space and privacy for each foster child
- Have reliable transportation
- Be willing to participate in a free 30-hour training course
- Be prepared for adults in your household to undergo complete background checks
- Be able to meet basic resources to support the household.
If you have any questions, contact the Department of Social Services at 252-232-3083.