Isaias: Post-Storm Updates
All convenience centers are open on a regular schedule for residents and property owners who need to dispose of storm debris from Isaias.
- There is not a countywide debris pickup scheduled. Do NOT leave storm debris or damaged items by the side of the road.
- Citizens may take storm debris to one of the county’s Convenience Centers.
- Tree limbs greater than 8 feet long and 4 inches in diameter should be taken to the Transfer Station located at 216 Airport Road, Maple, NC 27956.
- A collection of yard waste larger than a 5 ft. x 8 ft. truck bed should also be taken to the Transfer Station.
- At the Transfer Station, county residents and property owners will not be charged for the first 500 lbs. of storm debris. After that, the cost will be $90 per ton of debris.
If You Have Lost Power:
- Report the power outage to NC Dominion Power at 866-366-4357, or to Albemarle EMC at 1-800-274-2072.
- Generators should not be used in an enclosed space such as a garage or inside a home due to the threat of carbon monoxide poisoning. Place the generator at least 20′ from a house under a canopy or tarp so the generator stays dry.
- Oxygen patients should contact the company supplying their respiratory therapy products and request a pressurized oxygen tank. This type will operate without electrical power.
- Anyone in need of a meal due to a power outage may pick up “ready to eat meals” from the Department of Social Services during regular business hours. Call the DSS staff at 252-232-3083 when you arrive in the parking lot and staff will bring the meals out to your vehicle.