Cigna Notices & Resources
1) Over-The-Counter COVID Test Coverage
Cigna COVID-19 Update January 2022
Your Cigna plan covers FDA-authorized over-the-counter COVID-19 test kits.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has authorized many rapid antigen tests, also known as “over-the-counter COVID tests,” for use. These tests provide results in minutes and can protect you and others by lowering the chances of spreading COVID-19.
- Your Cigna plan covers all FDA-authorized over-the-counter COVID-19 test kits.
- You can get an authorized test kit at any pharmacy (in- or out-of-network), retail store, or online retailer that has it available.
- You don’t need a prescription from your doctor.
- Your plan covers up to 8 tests a month (typically four test kit packages)4 for each covered family member.
If you buy a FDA-authorized over-the-counter COVID-19 test kit(s) on or after January 15, 2022, you can ask your plan to pay you back the amount you spent out-of-pocket. Simply go to Cigna.com or log in to myCigna.com to get started. You’ll need to complete a claims form and provide your receipt. You can use the instructions on the form or on your Cigna ID card to send in your claim.
Vaccines are the best way to protect yourself and others against COVID-19.
All currently approved or authorized COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective, and lower your risk of severe illness. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends that everyone ages 5 years and older get the COVID-19 vaccine and everyone ages 16 years and older get booster shots (when eligible).
- Over-the-Counter COVID-19 Test
- Helping Customers Keep Their Family and Communities Safe with Over-the Counter COVIS-19 Testing Coverage
2) Cigna’s January 2021 Drug Formulary Changes
As clients and customers continue to face the financial burdens resulting from a lengthy pandemic, lowering drug cost is more vital than ever. Cigna’s January 2021 Formulary changes – which encompass our low net drug cost approach – center around better affordability and improved pharmacy plan performance.